Saturday, April 28, 2012

Subsitute for Gas Stove


After moving back to Canada, I realized out just how wonderful gas stoves are
and how some chinese dishes just can't be done well on an electric stove. I struggled for a long time. Fried rice...a disaster, getting that beautiful silky coating on stir-fried meat that has been marinated in egg white and starch..an utter and complete disaster.
Gas stoves cook food hotter and faster and have instant heat change. Hotter and faster is key to an excellent chinese stir-fry.
We had this electric wok in the back of our cupboard that we had recieved as a wedding present years ago. I started getting it out when I wanted to cook more than one dish at once. I noticed that it cooked up like a gas stove. I was so excited about this discovery. Just this week this electric wok cooked up some oh so delicious fried rice with that wonderful aroma, texture and flavor that I used to get on our gas stove in Beijing. If anyone eles has moved back to the west and just not getting the same results, give this a try, it just might make your day, or maybe week, lets just say year. I am still glowing about it.

No comments :

Post a Comment